How to install Fontana Lima Ultra Thin Rain Shower Head With Built-In Thermostatic Mixer And Hand Held Shower Set | FS3061UH
Installation Instructions for Bathroom Shower Set
Before you begin, please read the installation instructions below. Observe all local building and safety codes.
Unpack and inspect the product for any shipping damages. If you find damages, do not install.
Please note all showers must be installed by a professional and certified plumber otherwise warranty might be voided.
Wall Mount Shower Head Installation Instructions
1. Apply plumber's tape to the threads on both ends of the shower arm and slide on the decorative escutcheon.
2. Insert the new arm into the fitting in the wall and twist to tighten. Finish tightening with your adjustable wrench. Wrap a dry cloth around the shower arm to protect the finish while tightening with an adjustable wrench.
3. Thread the new showerhead onto the arm and hand-tighten. Hold the shower arm in place with groove joint pliers and finish tightening the shower head with your adjustable wrench. Wrap both in a dry cloth to protect the finish.
4. Before securing the decorative escutcheon, turn on the water supply to make sure that all connections are tight and there is no leaking. If no leaks are detected, continue with the installation. If leakage does occur, use your adjustable wrench to tighten the connections as necessary.
5. Apply a bead if silicone sealant to the back of the escutcheon and press firmly into place against the installation surface. Wipe away any excess sealant with your damp cloth.
Ceiling Mount Shower Head Installation Instructions
Step 1: Take Out the Old Shower Head You can easily remove it by hand, but depending on how long the rain showerhead has been installed, you might need to use an adjustable wrench. Hence, if you find it difficult to remove, rotate the showerhead with an adjustable wrench in a counterclockwise direction to unscrew it.
Step 2: Keep the Shower Arm Clean and In Good Shape After you have removed the head, check the shower arm threads for any debris and old Teflon tape. If you find any, remove it and clean them off thoroughly. It’s best to use a microfiber cloth when cleaning the thread because it removes Teflon tape perfectly and works great to pick up tiny grits. Once you’re done cleaning, check if it is corroded or leaking. For damaged threads, it will be best you replace it entirely so you can have a comfortable shower experience any time.
Step 3: Time to Add New Teflon Tape Since you have removed the old Teflon tape, you have to replace it with new ones. The reason is that this tape helps to protect the shower from leaking after installing the showerhead. Now apply the new Teflon tape about 3-5 turns on the thread and tear the end part. Use your hands to smooth it out to keep it leveled to the thread. Keep in mind that when applying the tape, you should go in a clockwise motion so that it doesn’t come off when you attach the head in the same direction.
Step 4: Connect the Showerhead As said earlier in the tools needed, we’re using the rubber sealing washer that comes with the showerhead. This tool helps to make the showerhead stay watertight and secured on to the thread. Ensure you place it properly before installing it. After that, reconnect the shower head and tighten it down with your hands. You can employ a chair or ladder to make things easier for you.
Step 5: Tighten the Showerhead On To the Thread You will need to get the adjustable wrench handy to tighten down the shower very well. But make sure you wrap the threads with a terry cloth, so it doesn’t damage the finish when tightening the showerhead. Once you have done that, now use the adjustable wrench to tighten down the showerhead. However, don’t over-tight or force it so that it’s easier to remove in the future.
Hand Held Shower Installation Instructions
Hand Held Shower
Hand Shower Outlet Installation • Complete the outlet pipework ensuring it ends in an appropriate 15mm x 1/2" BSP female thread elbow.
Note: This fitting is not supplied as variations in installations require the selection of a suitable solder or compression fitting.
• Install the 'Wall Outlet', thread long male 1/2" BSP into the appropriate female fitting using PTFE tape to give a watertight joint.
Note: The thread can be cut to size if required. Make sure that all debris is removed from the connector and the section that has been cut is dressed correctly, before installation.
The minimum required water pressure is 0.05 MPa (0.5 bar). Flow rate 2.5 GPM (9.5 LPM).
Shower Mixer Installation Instructions
Fontana Lima Ultra Thin Rain Shower Head With Built In Thermostatic Mixer And Hand Held Shower Set
The Lima Ultra-thin shower head with a concealed thermostatic mixer valve shower set is a perfect addition to any bathroom. The thermostatic mixer valve gives you complete temperature control with a built-in anti-scalding device, so you'll never have to worry about a drop in temperature again. Chrome plated solid brass construction Built-in anti-scald device set to 38° Easy clean anti-limescale rubber jets Minimum wall depth of 3.42" (87mm) required Minimum 1.0 bar water pressure.
Brand Name: FontanaShowers
Model Number: FS3061UH
Type: Shower Set
Number of Handles: Dual Handle
Type: Fixed Rotatable Type
Surface Finish: Chrome
Feature: Thermostatic Mixer
Cold/Hot Water Control Type: Dual Holder Dual Control